Out Of Office Reply

Like Vladimir Nabokov's classic literary character Pnin, this hapless writer is forever late to board the wrong train on the wrong day to the wrong city.

Arriving at the wrong airport yesterday, I managed nevertheless to escape our city for a week-long respite, so I'll be posting intermittently and checking my email less frequently than normal for a few days. An anonymous commentator connected to this site reminded me last night that I was "going down." I am certain that it was "fucking hilarious." Unfortunately, I have not yet had a chance to read the comments on the post below and, due to sheer volume (and some problems getting an intern), I cannot respond individually to hate mail at this time. If I'm "going down," it's going to have to wait until the beginning of next week at earliest.

The blog has been a bit quiet this week with me leaving town and Dave attending to some personal business. For her part, Marissa continues her efforts to become a surrogate mother (for a childless couple of burrows named Hector and Maria). I will post soon and look forward to working with all of you in what continues to be an extremely tough and challenging blogging environment.

Best Regards,