2.10.2004

Will blog for food

Thanks for the kind words on my employment situation.

When I hit my two year anniversary here last October, I posted about how happy I was to find this job, after my one and only interview in Washington (other than the infamous NSA polygraph incident).

On the one hand, it's kind of nice that I'll have the freedom to look for something more interesting or more productive than what I've been doing. On the other hand, if it's going to be as hard to find a job now as it was in 2001, I'm going to have a stressful few months ahead of me.

Plus, there probably aren't that many interesting or productive jobs available, and the chances I'll be able to find such a laid-back work environment are probably slim. At this job I could wear jeans to work every day, there was a lot of vacation time, the hours were flexible, and they let me blog and goof off whenever I wanted, as long as I got the work done. I doubt my next job, even if I get picked up by my parent company (in beautiful Reston, Va.), will be that relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment