11.06.2008

Darling, We Simply Must Do This Again In 4 Years

Election Day has come and gone and I’m trying very hard to be hateful for you today. I’m unseasonably upbeat because the mood in DC is one of general relief that the election is finally over. The city is living the last days of the Bush Era, for better or for worse. I won’t pass judgment on President Bush or his politics. That’s not the purpose of this blog. I’m just saying Bush will soon fade into the recesses of American history, and that must bring comfort to those who’ve despised him for eight years as well as respite for the die-hard (and semi fucked in the head) Bushies who so steadfastly defended him. So yeah, totally not passing judgment. We don’t do that here at Why I Hate DC.

Anywho… It may surprise you that on election night I attended the main RNC festivities downtown at the Capital Hilton. Just for a little bit. Don’t ask me how I got the tickets, or why I chose to go. I’m not entirely sure actually. It was the first time I’ve been to that sort of thing… and it goes straight to the top of my Did Once And Never Do Again List.

Now I know what you’re thinking. I could sit here and slam the abundant number of under-24 young white male goobers that made up half of the otherwise respectable crowd, but I won’t. However, I do have a message for such riff raff, and it applies to both young Republicans and young Democrats: Guys, you are not the next Karl Rove. Stop repeating what the television pundits say right after they say it and stop acting like it’s your original thought. It’s annoying.

Actually more annoying than that was discovering the RNC only had cash bars. No open bars! Since when did the Republican Party get so cheap?? Damn.

Actually, the MOST annoying thing about Election Night was my encounter with a swindling parking garage attendant across from the hotel. Looking back I should have taken a cab, but I parked because I drove from Annandale (eh hem) and the “victory party” was en route. Why is it that parking garage attendants think they can scam you into paying twice as much as what’s listed on the VERY LARGE SIGN OUT FRONT? And why do they always pretend to be surprised that its there after I demonstrate that I'm capable of reading it and pointing? I know I’m not alone in this experience. It happens to me way to often to be an isolated case. I just hate the feeling of handing over your car keys after arguing with them. That’s the worst part. It makes you feel like even though you won, you’ve still been suckered somehow. It's a lot like the feeling you get after Inauguration Day.

24 comments:

  1. My cat was black. Seriously. He was black with hazel eyes. Sadly he passed away back in 2002 due to being run over by a metrobus. I really wish he could have lived long enough to have been able to have witnessed this past Tuesday night. He would have been proud.
    Yes. He would have been very proud.

    R.I.P. Blackie.

    That was his name.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ohio Democratic Party party was way more lively. Both due to the general happiness and the open bar.

    Republicans are assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. After Inauguration Day, President 'Bama is going to turn into Dave Chapelle.

    Psyche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE TRANSPLANTS.

    KING AND M@ ARE OK THOUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rusty, everyone thinks your an asshole ... liberals, republicans, STFU in ohio you fucking pathetic piece of dog shit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13
    Mara Salvatrucha 4 Life! MS-13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Young Republican boys in blouses pretending they are the next Karl Rove..Wow. Sounds like Clarendon on a Friday night. Have another Miller Lite you fucking doosh bags! Go back to upstate NY or Ohio or PA or whatever small town dump you came from. I too hate transplants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH-BA-MA!

    OH-BA-MA!

    OH-BA-MA!

    Yes we can!

    We just did!

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH. GO THE FUCK BACK TO THE MIDWEST YOU FUCKING TRANSPLANTS DOUCHEBAGS.

    KING AND M@ ARE OK THOUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Graham of DOPE was from the "fucking west coast" so he was a transplant too but he was cool as shit and did not give a fuck about politics.

    All Graham cared about was acid and legalizing drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. king friday, are you a republican?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hit up a Heritage Foundation event---those bastards always have open bar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we please ban rusty from every posting on this blog, ever again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rusty, and other followers of LSS: She's popped back up, and apparently today's youths are still slutty and empty of all feelings... or something like that.

    -DCrez
    Dislike D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU FUCKERS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. we're going to ocean ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiity!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fuck you, ... Rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jesus, some of the commenters on this blog are awful... I made a mistake on clicking the comments section, hoping for some other election night stories, it seems, since basically everyone ignored the original post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. MADONNA CAN GO TO HELL AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!!!

    SHE'S A DICK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rusty sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rusty is a douche ...

    ReplyDelete