7.02.2008

Keep the Essays Coming!

I know I've been an absentee blogger these past few days. I guess I'm kind of burnt out on the hatred. Suffice to say, there are still plenty of things to hate about the area. Vigilante justice in our jail cells is taking up most of the headline space, but I recently learned that a friend of a friend was shot during a mugging. I guess this highlights how lucky I was when I got mugged and made the executive decision to sass back. Although I have no regrets, it would be irresponsible for me to suggest that course of action when the potential consequences are so severe.

The recent mugging and assault anecdotes along with the murder spike in Ward 5 make me think that I'm leaving the city at just the right time.

Less than a week left in the essay contest. I have about a dozen entries so far. I want more.

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    We all hate you rusty .... just STOP POSTING

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    Seriously.
    Just turn the blog over to King Friday and leave already.
    douchebag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry folks, I'm not submitting an essay until Rusty provides me oral pleasure. Again.

    Send in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    Another poem:

    Fifteen minute wait
    Already late for work
    Stand back, doors closing

    Keep posting! Also, looks like a homeless person passed out across the street from my building. The response arrived just this second, and includes two fire trucks, an ambulance, and a police car.

    I understand the ambulance and even police car, but fire trucks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    There should be an "I'm" before "already late for work, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    Police, fire, and ambulance all respond to a 911 call.

    Rusty,

    Will you please, please, please post all the essays? Seriously, criticizing others gives me such pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 03, 2008

    Aw, you transplants with your moral outrage and your limited sense of history are so CUTE.

    Do a little digging, little grasshopper, and you'll find that the PG County cops have a long and illustrious history through the 1980's of being the premier force of police brutality in the nation....long, long before LA and Rodney King.

    Simply put: criminals learned during the crack epidemic not to bring crime over the District line. Was it right? No. But it wasn't a secret.

    As someone with law enforcement in the family, I guess I have a warped perspective on this matter. I'm certainly not saying that a cop killer *should* have taken the boots in his cell, but, well, these are P.G. County cops. No one who remembers the 80's should be that shocked.

    ReplyDelete