8.06.2008

August doldrums are killing me slowly...

The gin rickey, supposedly invented by a turn-of-the-last-century D.C. lobbyist, was this week's most popular cutesy non-news story.

Politico refused to join in, instead filling space with a "Life" section piece about Hill staffers who go on really good vacations. That makes them cooler... sort of. Like the Mormon girl in high school who is the only one who won't have to hide pictures of herself wearing trendy leggings, because her parents made her wear long skirts every day instead.

10 comments:

  1. wow, and you call us trolls...

    ...at least we're not making fun of other people's religious views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE ONE... OR TEN. IT IS WHAT THE COLONEL WOULD HAVE DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should charge admission to read these comments... they crack me up :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH MORMONS? WHAT WAS THAT LIKE? I BET IT WAS WEIRD. I FIGURED THEY WERE ALL HOMESCHOOLED OR HAD SPECIAL SCHOOLS YOU KNOW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY I GET IT......DC is the only place in the entire universe that has a slow news cycle in August. FUCK. I had no idea I was living in fucking unicorn land. THANKS LIZ!!!!! whyIhatedc 4 LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an atheist. You can make fun of my (lack of) religious views, because I'll be making fun of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to say it--the Mormon thing was funny, and a good analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH TELL US ABOUT THE MORMOMS. MY SON DUSTY IS HERE FOR HIS SUMMER VACATION AND WANTS TO HEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at that Gin Rickey party. Gin Rickeys taste like ass. But surprisingly, not everyone was dressed like ass. That's pretty newsworthy here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ALREADY SAID THIS ON THE OTHER BLOG. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ MY COMMENTS. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE FIRST AMENDMENT? I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SAY WHAT I WANT EVEN IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT. I CANNOT YELL FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER BECAUSE OF THE SCHENCK RULING.

    ReplyDelete