I look friendly.
I'm not. Really.
But that stops absolutely no one from trying to befriend me during short encounters. In line at the grocery store. Loitering at coffee shops. And always, always on the bus.
Like I said, I generally do not like most people. However, I am always fascinated by the things that come out of crazy mouths, and I am too much of a good girl to actually snub the people who start talking to me. Which is how I learned the following:
- The White House is haunted by "Glorious iridescent many-colored globes of light... Like in Ghost Busters, but PRETTIER."
- "They" are killing the homeless and dumping them in Maryland. (It's worth noting this was when R. Guiliani was still considered a viable candidate).
- God shows Himself when you sneeze.
- Girls these days don't have enough babies. The world needs more babies.
- D.C. muggers have no respect anymore. Not like years ago when it was grownups. Now it's kids out there. Kids.