1.30.2004

I'm an INSIDER now!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I just signed up for the Washington Times' "Insider" online service.

Where else can I get the exact same content that's on the Times' regular website? Oh, guess I answered my own question.

But that's not all... I also get a section called "Civil War" that has articles about... the Civil War? "Civilians fall victim at bloody Antietam!" Well, that's... timely.

But wait! Don't forget about... THE POLITICS BLOG! AWWWWWW YEAH, YOU BEST BUCKLE THE FUCK UP!

Sen. John Kerry declared at a South Carolina Democratic presidential debate last night that the Bush administration has exaggerated the threat of terrorism for political purposes. "I think there has been an exaggeration," the Massachusetts senator said when asked whether President Bush has overstated the threat. "They are misleading the American people all the way." What's next? Charges that the Bush White House staged the events of 9/11 on a Hollywood set like the conspiracy nuts used to say about the moon landing?
Front-runner status brings with it heightened media scrutiny, and Sen. Kerry may find that comments like this don't bear repeating. You can be sure the Republicans already have a tape of the comment in safe-keeping for use this fall. - Fran Coombs
Ummm, so there's the inside dirt... on politics. That Fran Coombs really knows her... his... stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment