4.14.2006

Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani

Just a few things before I head into the weekend:

1 (a). The comment section of this blog is going to Hell in a handbasket. I had to delete one for using the "N-bomb." It's 2006, I shouldn't have to be telling people not to say "nigger." Another anonymous reader referred to two of my more faithful (in terms of comments anyways) readers as "cunts." Again, totally unacceptable. I would prefer to keep the comments totally open, but if this keeps up I will have to make changes. More likely than not, I will have to prevent people from leaving comments anonymously. I do not want to do that. Please keep it civil. I don't mind criticism from people who are upset at me for comparing McLean to Nazi Germany or people who disagree with my stance on medical marijuana. That's all well and good. I enjoy criticism. But be polite. I hate blogs that limit comments but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta go.

1 (b). Please stay on topic. My last post was about a strip club. The comments have been about bad driving and music. When I want to talk about bad driving or music, I will post about bad driving or music. If things get ridiculously off-topic, I will just start deleting comments. I know this is something that asshole bloggers do, but, oh well.

2. I have a very small link section on the left-hand side of this blog. I just made my first addition to it: Irina is Always Right. Irina leaves a ton of comments on this site, so you've probably already checked out her blog. If not, I recommend you give it a read. I'm a big fan.

3. On to a completely different topic...

On Wednesday, one of my new roommates and I were walking through AU Park to get to a basketball court. I forget how this happened, but the conversation turned to American University parking. I mentioned their illegal ticketing program, but since I never had a car in DC, I was unable to provide details. The next day: BAM! A Washington Post article on AU parking. This article should have been written four years ago, but, whatever. I'm glad it's here now.

4. Have a good weekend. Stay out of trouble or Jesus will be mad at you. The Man is bound to be grumpy after a three day nap!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, one anonymous coward ruined it for everyone. How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rusty,
    you could also turn on comment moderation — it would keep the deletions down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I had anything to do with inciting nasty comments, but I'm sorry. I didn't even read the nasty comments from AKA Krystal Koons--that joke was old two weeks ago. I haven't read this site for a week.

    Way to keep it clean, Rusty. Keep it smart and, of course, snarky....

    ReplyDelete
  10. RUSTY=COWARD LIBERAL=PISSED=RED IN THE FACE


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  11. HONESTLY RUSTY WHY ARE YOU BEING SO UPTIGHT ABOUT ALL THIS COMMENT STUFF? WHO CARES IF PPL ARE BEING RACIST OR IN GENERAL INAPROPRIATE? STOP TRYING SO HARD TO IMPRESE OTHERS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My company was doing the construction on the newest arts center there and our guys got tickets constantly and had to keep proving themselves. I could never figure out how they could keep ticketing. AU parking/ticketing has gotten completely out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, Russ: new topic. Not only Lulu's, but all the big clubs in town are closing. I know you've spent quality time at Nation -- so time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Achtung Rusty!

    -different anonymous that may go off topic but at least keeps it on the level as far as civil discourse is concerned

    disclaimer: telling 'all caps' to wise up and fuck himself is civil...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bloggers get all upity about cencorship, but they're always the first to go hog-wild with their all-powerful "delete comment" button.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I promise that the comments I deleted were way beyond the pale.

    ReplyDelete