2.10.2009

WMATA Not Givin' Virginia Much Love This VD

This is going to be short, I've been sick today and am going to be a wuss and go back to bed. But, I wanted to give you all something to chew on because I know how antsy readers get when there isn't any new content.

This weekend, the Pentagon Metro Station will be completely closed, and no trains will pass through it. That means that the Yellow Line will only run from Huntington to Pentagon City, and the Blue Line will run from Franconia-Springfield to Pentagon City, and then Arlington Cemetery to Largo Town Center. If you are going into DC from Alexandria/Franconia or trying to get to the airport or anywhere else on the Yellow/Blue in VA from the District, don't even bother. Take a cab. You can take the ridiculous shuttle bus from L'Enfant Plaza to Pentagon City, but god only knows how long that would take. There will be no shuttle service for the Blue Line.

Now I realize that sometimes you've gotta to track work. And bridge work. I guess it's too expensive to hire people to do this work at night, when the system is already closed. The joke is on anyone who is flying into DCA for the long weekend.

9 comments:

  1. The joke is also on anybody who pays regular weekday WMATA rush hour fare prices or anybody who pays $7.80 for a 1 day pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is marvellous. Keep the B&T away, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B&T?

    Blacks and Transplants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There aren't really any tunnels. I mean, there's the Blue Line tunnel, but there are no vehicular tunnels. Take that NY/NJ slang somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the work required takes more than the downtime at night. Go figure. Considering WMATA never has enough money it probably is too expensive to hire more people (not that it would solve the problem).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blacks and Transexuals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. British and Trinidadians?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I can't take the Metro from Huntington to Greenbelt to the B30 (in all seriousness has always run very well for me) to BWI this weekend. Damn, driving sucks ass. If this happens next weekend when I'm trying to get to the Caps game, I'm going to be ripshit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're closing at 10pm on Friday and no shuttle service to Rosslyn.

    Fuck. That. Shit.

    ReplyDelete