7.20.2006

Feelin' Massachusetts

OK, here's the deal. I will be spending the next week on Cape Cod. It's my first real vacation since graduating and joining "The Real World," so I am super-excited.

I have recruited a guest-blogger to handle things here during my absence. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Schuyler from A Ton of Bricks. He's funnier than me, so the trolls who insist on leaving negative comments here should be appeased.

In fact, here's some troll bait. I discovered this review of my work when checking out the archives of Schuyler's blog:

This one used to be great. James F. had perfected the art of going off on long, angry rants about seemingly minor annoyances. And then he moved away. Of course, before he moved away, he found a replacement: someone named Rusty. Rusty just doesn't have it yet. But that's okay. He's new at this and he gets at least a 6 month period during which he needn't be great every day. Ah, who am I kidding. No blogger is ever great every day, otherwise they wouldn't be just a blogger. Also, I'm a sucker for DC hate, so I'll keep reading no matter what. Heck, I'll recommend it.

I don't know what to make of that. It's a compliment, maybe?

Anyhoo, I know there are a few people who don't read Why.I.Hate.DC for the DC-hating, but rather for my hilarious exploits.

These people, all ten of them, are surely made up of my friends and acquaintences.

They shouldn't worry. I'll post a few entries next week from my parents' basement computer to let you know how I'm doing. I'm sure a lot of you are looking forward to a "Massachusetts is better than DC" post. I would hate to let you down.

But for now, check out Schuyler's blog. It's very funny. I'm fairly confident he'll be just as funny over the next week.

Until next time, Godspeed.

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    "Anyhoo"? Who the fuck are you, Chevy Chase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    that's the way it sounds when a boston-accented tool says it.

    Rusty, do you count me among the "trolls" who leave negative comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. I am referring to Formerly Anonymous and This_Shithole_Sucks.

    I just spent 10 minutes deleting a bunch of Formerly's comments.

    It felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    Thanks a lot... leave the rest of us behind in this shit city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    These are the dog days of summer. And it'll be over before we know it. My life is spinning by so fast it's scary. I USED to be 23!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 23, 2006

    You joined the real world? I thought you were in law school?

    ReplyDelete