12.30.2008

Speaking of Georgetown...

For more head-explodingly exasperating bullshit, here's a refresher on why the seemingly mythical Georgetown Apple store may never, in fact, happen. (Like, I'm sure, many of you, I was already aware of this situation, but I was reminded of my rage about it when I was waiting outside the DMV. [Believe it or not, they don't have enough room for everyone to wait inside. Imagine that!] Anyway, there is a kiosk there for the Georgetown Current, which only has archives in PDF, but if you want to download and read the article that restimulated my rage, you can do so here.)

Do I even need to expound on how fucking stupid this is??

6 comments:

  1. boo friggin hoo. it's 10 minutes on the yellow line from downtown to the apple store at pentagon city mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe I am defending part of the city, but Georgetown is not being stupid here. Georgetown is an historical district, and buildings have to fit in. The look of (but not the parking, the roads, the sidewalks, the lack of the metro, or the people in) Georgetown is one of the few things I like about DC. If the store front would resemble the monstrosity in the WSJ post, then I, for one, do not want it in Georgetown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not only that, but Georgetown doesn't have all that much space. Seriously, a one-level complex doesn't do much good when you're trying to promote development.

    Then again, neither is charging $20 for an appetizer, but who goes to Georgetown expecting moderate pricing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha gotta love listening to you spoiled bastards complaining about needing another Apple store when there is when that is less than 5 miles away from Georgetown. Keep crying you stupid pussy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do we need another Apple store? They put themselves out there as so hip & cool, so 21st century and cutting edge, yet you still have to go to a brick and mortar store to get their goods. Seems to me a wiz bang website that allows you to easily and quickly get what you want is what they need while you stay home and decide which one of your co-workers at Reuhl or A&F to spread herpes to next.

    ReplyDelete