6.25.2003

I don't understand this fucking city

Fuck you, Northern Virginia Community College.

Fuck you for giving me a $35 parking ticket last night. I go to your piece-of-shit college every Tuesday night to play in my pinball league. The visitor spaces are always full. The metered spaces are always full. And yet, there are literally hundreds of spaces available in the student lot. I always park as far away from the buildings as possible so as not to get in any student's way. And yet, you ticket me anyway.

OK, I realize the above sounds like an editorial out of The Onion, but I'm serious. Why does a community college that sits in the vehicular no-man's-land halfway between the Beltway and Fairfax city feel the need to ticket me at 7:30 in the evening when there are hundreds of available spaces? It's not like the school is in the District where all parking is always at a premium; this is a giant parking lot in the middle of nowhere, and I have no other options as a visitor because there aren't enough visitor spaces. What a fucking rip-off.

I hate this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment