Time to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
The latest insults to society:
1. Gay-themed high school play sparks protest. In Virginia, huh. Never would have guessed.
Del. Richard H. Black (R-Loudoun) e-mailed his supporters claiming that, in the play, "two male students engaged in a homosexual kiss onstage" and that public schools were "being used to promote a homosexual lifestyle." His son-in-law, Loudoun County Supervisor Mick Staton Jr. (R-Sugarland Run), followed up with a missive of his own, warning of the play's disturbing "indoctrination.""Indoctrination"? They make it sound like the Masons or something.
I love the "two male students engaged in a homosexual kiss" quote. If the two male students had engaged in a heterosexual kiss, then we have no problem.
2. Benefits for illegal immigrants targeted. Forget for a moment that it's difficult for immigrants to prove to the government they're legal when the government itself is so slow to issue such documents. Here's what your life looks like as an immigrant:
- You get to work 2-3 jobs, probably some combination of janitorial work and fast food
- You get to live 14 to an apartment
- You're afraid to go outside for fear of being deported
- We won't let you or your children attend our colleges in an effort to build a better life.
Other than that, have fun in the land of opportunity, Latinos. You get to clean our offices and serve us hamburgers, but THAT'S WHERE WE DRAW THE LINE.